Saturday, August 20, 2011

I Hate My Life "It Is A Mess"

Suicidal Tendencies
"Don't Pull The Trigger"

I remember when I was a teenager and this young girl was depressed contemplating suicide. I was only 16 years old at the time, but remember asking her "where will you go when you die?" Fast forward some 26 years later and I understand how some people life's can be unlivable. Being young and unhappy is much different from being old and unhappy. When your young, most of your life revolves around your parents lifestyle. When your older your life revolves around your lifestyle. I will not claim to be a self-appointed expert on the subject, but I do know there is nowhere to run when there's so much life ahead. I remember saying that fateful night in 1984. "The only person you will hurt is the ones who love you". Suicide is a selfish act that holds no regard for the family who loves you. Whatever you think your problems are, most are correctable. Take stock in all that is making your life miserable and get rid of it. Get rid of it physically, mentally, and psychologically, Relationships and Money are always on the top of the  problematic Mess List. I will simplify the magnitude of a problem by internalizing " What's wrong Today, is Gone Tomorrow". I know no other way to look at it. Control your mind, body, and those who are a part of it. Take the fruits of life and just "Role with It!"

4 comments:

  1. Hate mine to sometimes. just role with the punches and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew a 2 people that pulled the trigger and blew they brains out. The were young and in they 20s and can not figure out why they did it. I hope there is more attention paid to suicide prvention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Agree with this message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was 16 I tried to kill myself. It was because, like you said my parents lifestyle the I was unable to escape. I didnt feel loved and didnt think I could handle another day. I honestly thought I would be doing them and myelf a favor. Today I realize its a selfish move... but at that extreme low point in my life, I saw no out. Ive since had friends who have killed themselves, and I know if they had lived things would have been better. I dont know if it's chemical or what but those low points always seem to pass... that feeling like your alone and noone will ever understand.. it goes away. Roll with it!

    ReplyDelete